Ecolocal – ecolocal.org.uk
Ecolocal are a Carshalton-based charity involved in delivering a range of environmental projects. Their site includes several pages such as the Beanstalk Project and Allotments regeneration.
Garden Organic – www.gardenorganic.org.uk
Garden Organic (formerly HDRA) is a charity organisation involved in trying to maintain a seed bank of heritage flowers and vegetables and the organic process in which the can be grown.
The Royal Horticultural Society – www.rhs.org.uk
The Royal Horticultural Society is the UK’s leading gardening charity dedicated to advancing horticulture and promoting good gardening.
The Soil Association – www.soilassociation.org
The Soil Association exists to research, develop and promote sustainable relationships between the soil, plants, animals, people and the biosphere, in order to produce healthy food and other products while protecting and enhancing the environment.
The National Garden Scheme – www.ngs.org.uk
The National Garden Scheme is the place to find all the dates and opening times for gardens open to the public throughout the year with lots in the London area accessible by public transport.
Other Local Societies:-
- Benhill Crescent Horticultural Society: The BCHS trading hut is open on Sunday mornings 10.00 am – 12.30 pm throughout the year. Supplies of potatoes, seeds, and many allotment and garden items are available, at very reasonable prices. Membership costs just £2.
- Cheam and Cuddington Horticultural Society: evening meetings at St Christopher’s Church Hall, Dallas Road, Cheam
- Epsom Garden Society: meetings at St Barnabas Church Hall, Temple Road, Epsom
- Alpine Garden Society: Meets at Christ Church Hall, Epsom
- Ewell Horticultural Association:
- Stanley Road Allotment and Garden Society: trading hut open Sundays 10.00 am to 12.00 noon.