In The News
- Garden Organic create buzz at UK Green Film Festival bee movie premiere
Garden Organic created a buzz at the UK launch of new bee movie More Than Honey with a copy of its Bee Heard News sheet presented to everyone at the premiere.
- Garden Organic join with Give and Gain volunteers to create University Hospital community garden
A new community garden which will allow volunteers, patients and schools to grow their own food has been unveiled at the University Hospital in Coventry.
- Garden Organic welcomes School Food Plan
Garden Organic has welcomed the Government’s School Food plan “as a great opportunity to get school children knowing about and growing their own food”.
- Garden Organic’s Master Gardener programme nominated for national award
Garden Organic’s Master Gardener Programme has been shortlisted for a national award.
- Garden Organic urges Government to follow Welsh Assembly path to National Bee Action Plan
Garden Organic is urging the UK Government to follow the Welsh Assembly’s lead and adopt a National Bee Action Plan at the National Bee Summit in London.
- Artisan food and urban 'peasants': is this more than just a foodie fad?
City beekeepers, organic co-ops, artisan bakeries … Jojo Tulloh's new book looks at the small-scale producers bringing rural skills to the urban environment. Is this the future of food?For the average...
- Nine gardening myths debunked
Burying a cow's horn filled with manure is one thing, but even some of the better known horticultural tips don't stand up to scientific scrutinyIs there a hobby anywhere that's more burdened with folklore...
- L'Uritonnoir: the straw bale urinal that makes compost from 'liquid gold'
French design studio Faltazi has developed a plug-in funnel to upcycle urine and bring an eco message to summer festivals"Are you used to going for a number one in the back of your garden?" asks French...
- Chef Raymond Blanc and seed expert Bob Sherman on their relationship
How the illustrious French chef and his friend horticultural expert Bob Sherman bonded over seedsHis story Raymond Blanc, chefMy friendship with Bob is a by-product of my love affair with food and gardening....
- Armed and dangerous: how to tackle pests and diseases in small gardens
When slugs, snails, bindweed and box blight strike, should we reach for a bottle of something deadly or stick to organic tactics? Garden designer Kate Gould weighs up the optionsOnce you've designed, built...
- 10 inspirational garden seat ideas: in pics
- Slugs: they're back - leaving a trail of slime and devastation
It's possible to see the good in many garden pests - but there's absolutely nothing to be said for the slug, says Amanda Craig
- Gardening group hit by rainfall
Peat and horticultural product supplier William Sinclair blamed "once in a 100 years wet weather" after it fell to a full-year loss.
- Organic food's salad days are over
As the health benefits of organic foods are called into question, Harry Wallop revels in shopping for guilt-free groceries
- The Yeo Valley garden keeps organics at its heart
If your forebears founded dairy food brand Yeo Valley, it makes sense to embrace your organic heritage and let it blossom, says Sarah Raven.
- RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show Preview Evening 2014
Avoid the crowds and enjoy the show by dusk
- Gardens update - check before travelling
Due to recent weather conditions, please call before travelling and check for any weather warnings issued by the Met Office.
- Plant choice compromised?
Proposed legislation may have a massive impact on the horticultural trade and gardening charities
- Rosemoor wins Silver in Tourism Awards
RHS Garden is one of the Best Large Visitor Attractions in Devon
- Show sponsor chooses Cleve West to design show garden
M&G commission multi-gold-medal-winning designer to create paradise garden