In The News
- French organic winemaker faces prison for defying pesticide order
Emmanuel Giboulot to appear before judge in Dijon for refusing to treat vines against insect that spreads devastating diseaseA French organic winemaker could face a prison sentence and a hefty fine after...
- Artisan food and urban 'peasants': is this more than just a foodie fad?
City beekeepers, organic co-ops, artisan bakeries … Jojo Tulloh's new book looks at the small-scale producers bringing rural skills to the urban environment. Is this the future of food?For the average...
- Nine gardening myths debunked
Burying a cow's horn filled with manure is one thing, but even some of the better known horticultural tips don't stand up to scientific scrutinyIs there a hobby anywhere that's more burdened with folklore...
- L'Uritonnoir: the straw bale urinal that makes compost from 'liquid gold'
French design studio Faltazi has developed a plug-in funnel to upcycle urine and bring an eco message to summer festivals"Are you used to going for a number one in the back of your garden?" asks French...
- Chef Raymond Blanc and seed expert Bob Sherman on their relationship
How the illustrious French chef and his friend horticultural expert Bob Sherman bonded over seedsHis story Raymond Blanc, chefMy friendship with Bob is a by-product of my love affair with food and gardening....
- Disturbing disappearances in the Rhubarb Triangle
Growers in Yorkshire, the hub of British production, say two unfavourable winters have left early varieties in short supply, writes Michael Leapman.
- 10 inspirational garden seat ideas: in pics
- Slugs: they're back - leaving a trail of slime and devastation
It's possible to see the good in many garden pests - but there's absolutely nothing to be said for the slug, says Amanda Craig
- Gardening group hit by rainfall
Peat and horticultural product supplier William Sinclair blamed "once in a 100 years wet weather" after it fell to a full-year loss.
- Organic food's salad days are over
As the health benefits of organic foods are called into question, Harry Wallop revels in shopping for guilt-free groceries
- Britain in Bloom's anniversary garden gets star touch
Alan Titchmarsh to design RHS Britain in Bloom 50th anniversary garden at Chelsea Flower Show
- RHS responds to EU plant ban
- RHS welcomes National Pollinator Strategy
RHS responds to consultation on pollinators
- Winner will recreate their garden at Hampton Court Flower Show
RHS and TV's The One Show offer one lucky winner the chance to design a show garden for the UK's biggest gardening show
- TV gardener Toby Buckland to host show's Talks Theatre
Gardeners' World and Chelsea Flower Show presenter will appear at the RHS Cardiff Flower Show
- Going the extra mile for Garden Organic
Our Home Composting Project Coordinator David Garrett will be doing his bit to support Garden Organic this year by going that extra mile, well 26.2 actually!
- Climate Challenge Conference – Offer for Garden Organic members
We’re pleased to be able to offer Garden Organic members and supporters an exclusive discounted registration fee of £20+VAT per day (normal price £75 + VAT) to attend the Climate Challenge Conference...
- Potato Day in 2014
Due to the fantastic success of new Potato Days across the UK, Garden Organic will not be holding a Potato Day at Ryton Gardens this year.
- Garden Organic and network of allies issue Save Our Seeds Plan in response to new EU seed law proposals
Garden Organic and its network of allies have issued a Save Our Seeds Plan and a call to “turn back the tide” over new amendments being proposed to the EU seed law
- Garden Organic’s Master Gardener Programme wins national award
Garden Organic’s Master Gardener Programme is celebrating success after scooping the prestigious national ‘Education and Learning’ award, at the Local Food Awards.