In The News
- Bristol to provide urban farming inspiration as EU Green Capital
Gearing up for its role as EU Green Capital 2015, Bristols agricultural scene is growingSteve Glover doesnt mind being called an unlikely pioneer of sustainable urban agriculture. A few years ago he didnt...
- Patrick Holden: 'Peoples image of farming is a complete fantasy'
To some an eco-capitalist, to others a die-hard hippy, farmer Patrick Holden reflects on shunning an us and them approach to organic farming for something altogether more holisticAre people finally turning...
- Women who eat organic foods no less likely to develop cancer, research finds
Million Women Study found avoiding food grown with pesticides made no difference to overall cancer riskWomen who always or mostly eat organic foods are no less likely to develop cancer than women who eat...
- Why it's vital the organic food industry is given room to grow | Ally Fogg
Take it from this mung bean-munching Guardianista organics could solve many of the UK's problems with food poverty and how we eatThe spectre of food poverty continues to cast a shameful shadow across...
- French organic winemaker faces prison for defying pesticide order
Emmanuel Giboulot to appear before judge in Dijon for refusing to treat vines against insect that spreads devastating diseaseA French organic winemaker could face a prison sentence and a hefty fine after...
Soil Association News
- Organic September in Scotland
September has been a very busy month for the Soil Association Scotland. It’s the month that we celebrate all things organic and encourage the public to “make a small change” to their shopping habits...
- Ben Raskin’s Seedy Weekend
Our Head of Horticulture, Ben Raskin, has had a rather 'seedy weekend'. As a seed specialist, Ben tends to be involved in all things seed-related. This Saturday the Open Pollinated revolution really kicked...
- Food for Life Catering Mark influences Good Food for London rating
Sustain’s Good Food for London report was launched on 16th October. It saw that nine out of the top ten boroughs it rated had achieved the Soil Association Food for Life Catering Mark at Bronze, Silver...
- Trees: a Valuable Resource. Woodland Management and Biomass
Wednesday 26th November, Newton Stewart
- ‘Farm Crap App’ wins Soil Association Innovation Award
The Soil Association is delighted to announce that the SWARM Knowledge Hub’s ‘Farm Crap App’ has won top prize at the 2014 Innovation Awards, announced last week at the Soil Association Annual Conference...
Garden Organic News
- Join us for an Appletastic weekend at Brogdale
Join us at the Brogdale National Apple Festival in Kent this Saturday and Sunday, 18th and 19th October, for a weekend dedicated to all things apple.
- Northern Organic groups meet GO at Ordsall Hall, Salford
As one of a series of meetings with representatives of local organic groups around the country, Garden Organic team members James Campbell, Rebecca Witcomb and Suzanne Goldby met leaders of a range of...
- Website refresh complete
We're pleased to announce that today sees the launch of the final major phase of our refreshment of the Garden Organic website.
- Garden Organic Seek Master Gardeners for Coventry and Warwickshire
Are you passionate about growing your own fruit and veg? Would you love the chance to help and encourage others to have a go at growing their own too? Why not become a Volunteer Master Gardener?
- It's Medaltastic for Growth Therapy
Congratulations to our Growth Therapy Group, who scooped a magnificent seven medals at the West Midlands Flower Show at Glasshouse College, Stourbridge.
- It's Bean Fantastic!
Vote to win - It's time for you to show your support by voting for your favourite entry in the Heritage Seed Library's Great Beananza!
- Small Hive Beetle found in Italy
The Italian National Reference Centre for beekeeping has confirmed the presence of the Small Hive Beetle (SHB) in Gioia Tauro, South West Italy. The Small Hive Beetle is a statutory notifiable pest of...
- Fresh Rootz get set for Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
Garden Organic is delighted to announce that Fresh Rootz, the café/restaurant based here at Ryton Organic Gardens has been selected as finalists in the British Street Food Finals. The finals take place...
- Award for North London Master Gardeners
Garden Organic’s Master Gardener community food growing project
- West Dean Chilli Fiesta
The Garden Organic team were joined by a fantastic group of local members at the West Dean Chilli Fiesta, for a weekend dedicated to all things hot and spicy.